While My City Burns is a metal core band, so they’re heavy, angry and filled with attitude. However, they don’t lock themselves into this genre. At times, they dip into post-hardcore arena by adding lighter textures, like some chugging violins or clean vocals. Their debut album Prone to Self Destruction, however, is definitely metal core. They’re certainly a band to add to your Spotify playlist if you’re into heavy music.
Come follow the band on Facebook and jam to their music on Spotify.
- What are your biggest musical influences?
Various metalcore bands and 80’s music (so catchy chorusis [sic])
- Do you listen to any band or genre that would surprise your fans if they found out?
Only if they’d find my Spotify playlist’s, probably the band Foreigner
- What’s next for the band?
Russia tour and eistnaflug (Icelandic metal festival) and writing our next album.
- How do you think streaming services like Spotify and Pandora have changed how bands release music? Has it made it easier or more difficult?
Way easier to release! I like Spotify and how easy it is to find new music!
- Do you have any non-musical influences that show up in your music?
Yeah, I like weird sounds and try to put them in a song, I love to sample stuff.
- Can you describe your sound?
It’s catchy, angry, cute, sad and intoxicated.
- What are you listening to lately? Anything you would recommend?
dayseeker and the new Issues song!
- What made you decide to “get into” music and start a band?
We have been friends for a all time [sic] and when we were younger all we did was play music together in a garage, not much has changed we still have the spark in us!
- How does your writing process work, do you all collaborate on the lyrics or is that job reserved for just one person?
It depends, I (Gauti, the vocalist) write most of the lyrics but have worked on some lyrics on our album together!
- If you had to pick just one, which album would be your favorite?
The Devil Wears Prada – With Roots Above and Branches Below
- Are there any bands you would desperately love to tour with someday?
The Devil Wears Prada, Issues and so many more
- What are your thoughts about bands releasing more singles, rather than following a traditional route and just releasing albums?
I like it, we have been talking about either reasling [sic] an EP or just release it as single’s, I think that is the new way!
Thank you so much guys!
Full stream of Prone to Destruction