In their words, Symbolical plays “mystic death metal”. Naturally, this band will appeal to fans of the heavier flavors of metal. They have some material out on bandcamp and YouTube. Plus, they have much more music in the works. The band “does not stop”, as they say below.
Come follow them on Facebook!
• What are your biggest musical influences?
My biggest influences are: Nile, Death, Morbid Angel. I have always listened to a few bands but very accurately. The list is a bit longer but they are my unholy trinity.
• Do you listen to any band or genre that would surprise your fans if they found out?
Yes! everyday but I will not tell who it is. I used to listen to 95% of Metal. Now maybe 15%
• What’s next for the band?
The Symbolical does not stop! In August, we record EP, which is the first part of the four stories I have prepared for the listeners. Daray recorded drums 2 month ago. We’ll finish the rest during the summer. Next step is a full album. I want to record third album on December. Collapse in Agony and the second Allegory of Death these albums are connected. Third album will be the culmination of the trilogy. After recording everything, we will look for the label.
• How do you think streaming services like Spotify and Pandora have changed how bands release music? Has it made it easier or more difficult?
I have no idea. I do not know if it goes in the right direction.
• Do you have any non-musical influences that show up in your music?
Yes! Images, graphics, the expanding universe, longing, love, death
• Can you describe your sound?
Weight combined with pain and despair. Depression harmonizing with love. A scream of death bouncing off the empty walls. Mystic Death Metal!!!
• What are you listening to lately? Anything you would recommend?
Bemine – In the Air | Sofar Warsaw its NO METAL.
• What made you decide to “get into” music and start a band?
Everyone dreams about the band. My determination and happiness that I meet Karol Gozdzik (first bassist of Symbolical, our lyrics writer). It’s been so many years that I can not do it any differently. Writing songs is for me the best “medicine” for everything! I do not know if there is anything that can stop me.
• How does your writing process work, do you all collaborate on the lyrics or is that job reserved for just one person?
The songs for each album are written in a moment. I do not think about the order of riffs. I just sit down and record. It comes out of me like a disease. After writing each song I am lighter with all worries.
• If you had to pick just one, which album would be your favorite?
Nile – In Their Darkened Shrines.
• Are there any bands you would desperately love to tour with someday?
Yes! Gojira, Sceptic Flesh, Nile, Morbid with Tucker!
• What are your thoughts about bands releasing more singles, rather than following a traditional route and just releasing albums?
I do not have such thoughts. I think everyone does what they want 🙂